Jun. 29th, 2010

norsegirl: (Default)
Why is it that I can never do anything just right the first time? The cart is nearing completion and I am discovering several calculation errors as I go. I have also figured out fixes for most of them, but version 2.0 will be a much better cart. If I ever bother that is. By the time I'll have the time available to build 2.0 it will be next Pennsic and I'm not sure if a cart is the best way to transport a 2 year old. By then I might upgrade to wagon as I might be able to reason with her not to throw herself out. Of course that might be overly optimistic.

There's a few mistakes that were just screw ups as I was making it. I'm doing my best to fix those as I go, but it's sloppy looking. There's a minor miscalculation that is causing me to jury-rig a fix for holding the back up when it is in the "up" position.

Then there are the design errors...

Version 1.0 ended up having sides that were only 24 or so inches high as that was the length of the dowels cut in half. My original plan would have had them the 27 inches of a standard crib, but materials usage efficiency caused there to be a change on the fly. Unfortunately I did not change the rest of the plan to accommodate these shorter sides. As the mattress will now stick up at the back I should have made the base longer.

I'm also questioning my decision to have the reclining bit at the back. I could more efficiently hide the legs if they were lined up with the handles, but then the baby couldn't see me. That said she's only seeing my back when I'm dragging her anyway, so a view at the world going past behind us would probably have been more interesting. I'll have to think more on this.

Profile

norsegirl: (Default)
norsegirl

September 2010

S M T W T F S
   12 34
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 21st, 2017 05:30 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios