Jun. 1st, 2010

Soaker

Jun. 1st, 2010 03:52 pm
norsegirl: (Default)
To all that asked, this is a soaker:

DSCF0051

It does not fit terribly well. I made it way too large, tried to felt it down and while that worked for most of it, the legs are still really large. I might try to put elastic or a dart in them. Or I might just not worry about it, we'll see. In that picture she was just trying it on over her clothes.

I made another one on smaller needles and the results are here:

DSCF0149

DSCF0142

As you can see, it fits a little better but is still not maybe as tight as it should be (which is fine as I was aiming for it to fit for Pennsic). She's actually wearing it as a diaper cover right now. She's been up napping for a bit so it's time to check and see if it actually performs well as a diaper cover or if those hippies that use wool are just on crack. (she's sleeping on a waterproof mattress pad, so now was the perfect time to check)

I've also knitted another one based on a different pattern and I'm nearing completion on that one, so we'll see how that behaves.

Off to see how G is doing...

Profile

norsegirl: (Default)
norsegirl

September 2010

S M T W T F S
   12 34
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 21st, 2017 05:40 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios